40 Misgav Ladach Street, Jewish Quarter, Jerusalem
40 Misgav Ladach Street
Jewish Quarter, Old City
Jerusalem 97500 Israel
The Temple Institute
PO Box 31876
Jerusalem, Israel 91317
Feedback and Messages for The Temple Institute
HOW TO REACH US
From the Western Wall (buses #1 & #3)
From the Western Wall plaza, walk up the stairs leading to the Jewish Quarter. (When you walk away from the Wall, the stairs are located diagonally to the left, across from the women's section of the Western Wall). At the top of the stairs turn left to Misgav Ladach Street. Several steps from the corner, on the right side, you will see "The Holy Temple Visitors Center."
From the Jewish Quarter Parking Lot (bus #2, 38, 38A, 83)
Walk through the parking lot towards the Jewish Quarter, passing the Sephardic Center on your right. Walk to the central square of the Jewish Quarter. In the center of the square you will see the Temple Institute's Golden Menorah. Cross the square diagonally to the left, reaching the Mizrahi Bank on your left. Continue walking down Tiferet Yisrael Street, passing the Bagel Shop on your right. At the end of the street, turn right. This is Misgav Ladach Street. Look for the sign, "The Holy Temple Visitors Center" on the right side of the street.
The Temple Institute museum features:
- The vessels and instruments that have thus far been constructed for use in the rebuilt Holy Temple
- Scale models of the Second Temple, the outer altar and the Ark of the Covenant
- Original oil paintings portraying daily life in the Holy Temple
- Museum Gift Shop, specializing in publications, films, and educational materials about the Holy Temple
The Temple Institute's Holy Temple Visitors' Center Welcomes You!
Visiting Hours and Tours
Entrance to the Temple Institute Visitors Center is in accordance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Health.
A COVID-19 "Green Pass" must be presented for each visitor from the age of 3 and up, testifying to one of the following -
· Negative test results [Test results effectiveness: PCR tests are effective for 72 hours, rapid (antigen) tests are effective for 24 hours.]
*It is required to wear a face mask on premises
- Open: Sun.-Thurs. 9:30AM – 4:00 PM. (last entrance at 4:00 PM)
Fridays: 9:30AM – 11:00 AM (winter time) / 12:00 noon (summer time)
- Entrance fee includes a Sound and Light presentation in the language of your choice. This audio explanation, heard by the whole group together (not headsets), guides the group though the 3 exhibit halls with a film at the end. The length of the tour is about 50 minutes.
- Guided audio tours in the following languages: English, Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian, Italian, German, Romanian, Chinese (Mandarin), Cantonese, Korean, and Amharic.
Visiting hours during the Tishrei (September) High Holiday:
Rosh Hashanah Eve & Rosh Hashanah : Monday-Wednesday, Sept. 6-8
Yom Kippur Eve & Yom Kippur: Wednesday-Thursday, Sept. 15-16
Special Sukkot schedule:
During the Sukkot holiday there is a great influx of visitors.
All entrances are for audio tours.
The audio tour plays every 15 minutes in the chosen language, according to demand.
Tickets are purchased at the front desk.
No prior reservations are possible for the holiday and the reservations office is closed.
OPEN EXTRA HOURS: Wednesday - Sept. 22nd, Thursday - Sept. 23rd & Sunday - Sept. 26th: Open 10:00 AM through 6:15 PM (Last tour starts at 6:15 PM)
CLOSED: Sept. 20, 21, 24, 25, 27, 28
- All visits require advance booking and prepaying for entrance fee.
- TO SUBMIT A RESERVATION REQUEST PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM. (Click on the word "FORM" to open the link.)
- If you would like to place a reservation for a visit within 48 hours - please call our office directly by calling: 972-(0)2-626-4545
- Note: The reservation department is operative Sunday-Thursday from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- To contact our office: Telephone: 972-(0)2-626-4545, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Fax: 972-153-2-627-4529
- Adult / Child: 35 ILS
- Children up to age 5, no admission fee.
- Disabled: 30 ILS
- Groups numbering 15 people or more: 25 ILS per individual.
- Please note: If your party numbers less than the full capacity of a group, other visitors may be joining the reserved audio tour.
- A private tour with a guide (instead of the audio tour) is an additional 200 ILS. Length of guided tour: approx. 1 hour.