Terms and Conditions ("Terms")
Last updated: 1.1.2016
Please read these Terms carefully before donating to The Temple Institute, a non-profit organization, at templeinstitute.org templeinstitute.org/donate.htm
Your access to and use of the Website is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Website.
By accessing or using the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Website.
1.When You Visit Our Website
- 1.1 We collect some information about the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses from visitors to our website. The information that we collect includes the browsers visitors use, what time they visit and which pages are most viewed. This enables us to evaluate the website and work to improve it. We do not link any of this anonymous data with any personal data that you may provide to us.
- 1.3 Our website uses Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information about your age, gender and interests. We use this information to personalize the look and feel of the website to fit personal preferences which you have told us about.
2. Storing and Protecting Your Information
- 2.1 When you register with us as a supporter, we collect: your name and your email address. When you subscribe and confirm your interest in receiving the Temple Institute newsletter, your e-mail is entered in to our subscription database. You will always be given the option to unsubscribe from these emails, and you may do so at any time.
- 2.2 All information provided to The Temple Institute is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of The Temple Institute. Although we make every effort to create a secure environment for transmission of your personal information, we cannot guarantee the safety of any information you transmit online.
- 2.3 It is your responsibility to keep your password secure at all times to avoid unauthorized use of your account.
3. Donation Policy
- 3.1 Upon successfully making an online credit card donation you will receive an immediate automated confirmation.
- 3.2 After having made your online credit card donation you will receive a personal email acknowledgement and thank you from the Temple Institute.
- 3.3 First-time online credit card donors will receive a letter of thank you including a recipt within 4 - 6 weeks. Second-time donors will receive their thank you and receipt in PDF form via email. If you prefer to receive your thank you and receipt by mail, please contact us.
- 3.4 New donors will receive their Temple Institite membership cards by mail to the address provided in the donation form, within 6 -8 weeks.
4. Refund Policy
- 4.1 If you feel an error was made in your donation please contact us within 14 days of the donation and a full refund will be made.
5. Personal Information When You Donate and/or become a member
- 5.1 When you make a one-time donation using our website, we collect: your first and last name; your email address and mailing address.
- 5.2 When you make a card payment for your one-time or monthly donation your credit or debit card details (including card type, card number and expiry date) are only collected by our third party payment provider. We always ensure any payment providers we work with have appropriate data protection policies. We do not store your credit or debit card details.
- 5.3 The Temple Institute adds the name of new donors on to our online donors wall. If you do not want your name to appear please contact us.
- 6.1 We only use information provided for their specific intent of either the newletter subscription or sending a donor receipt.
- 6.2 We do not share donor information with any 3rd party.
- 6.3 We may also be obliged to make operational, personal or financial data accessible for compliance or legal reasons:(a) to employees of The Temple Institute to deal with any accounts or services provided to you;
(b) to other organizations involved in the processing of donations (such as PayPal, BFM);
(c) where we are required to do so by law.
7. Copyright Information
- The Temple Institute is the exclusive owner of all text, images, illustrations and photographs that appear on www.templeinstitute.org. Web site contents, including all text and images, are copyright ©1991-2016, The Temple Institute. Reproduction in any form whatsoever, for any purpose, is strictly forbidden without written permission of the copyright holder. All Rights Reserved. The Temple Institute receives many requests regarding the use of the text and images which appear on templeinstitute.org. Each request is reviewed by our advisory board. This board has established criteria for the use of the Institute's materials, based on the uniquely religious and sensitive nature of the topic of the Holy Temple, which is sacred to the Jewish people. In order to help facilitate this process, we ask you to fill out the following form and submit it for approval. Usage of anything from this website without explicit written permission from the Temple Institute, by any individual or group, regardless of who, for any purpose whatsoever including educational, private or non-profit, shall be considered theft and shall be open to prosecution.