HOLY TEMPLE MUSEUM
Bringing the Awesome World of the Holy Temple to an Unprecedented Level of Understanding
The Temple Institute's Holy Temple Museum includes a highly advanced, state-of-the-art presentation of the Temple-ready sacred vessels created by the Institute, garments of the High Priest, oil-paintings depicting aspects of the Divine service of the Holy Temple and a model of the Holy Temple Complex. Visitors will also be able to see a scaled-down stone altar, made in accordance with Torah law, transportable and completely ready for use on the Temple Mount.
Additionally, the new center affords guests the opportunity to view all new video productions, (currently under preparation), describing the history of the Holy Temple, its role in the prophetic time in which we are living and our role as members of the human race who seek the rebuilding of the Holy Temple and the fulfillment of the words of Isaiah: "For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations." (Isaiah 56:7)
The museum also includes a spacious gift shop.
Location: 40 Misgav Ladach St., Jewish Quarter (Directly above the Yehudah HaLevi stairs which lead from the Jewish Quarter to the Western Wall Plaza.)
40 Misgav Ladach Street
From the Western Wall (buses #1 & #3)
From the Western Wall plaza, walk up the stairs leading to the Jewish Quarter. (When you walk away from the Wall, the stairs are located diagonally to the left). There are 2 lion sculptures at the top of the stairs. At the top of the stairs turn left to Misgav Ladach Street. Several steps from the corner, on the right side, you will see "The Holy Temple Visitors Center."
From the Jewish Quarter Parking Lot (bus #2, 38, 38A, 83)
Walk through the parking lot, passing the Sephardic Center on your right. Walk to the central square of the Jewish Quarter. In the center of the square you will see the Temple Institute's Golden Menorah. Cross the square diagonally, passing the bank on your left. Continue walking down Tiferet Yisrael Street, passing the Bagel Shop on your right. At the restaurant on the corner (at the end of the street), turn right. This is Misgav Ladach Street. Look for the sign, "The Holy Temple Visitors Center" on the right side of the street.
The Temple Institute's Holy Temple Museum features:
- The vessels and instruments that have thus far been constructed for use in the rebuilt Holy Temple
- Scale models of the Second Temple, the outer altar and the Ark of the Covenant
- Original oil paintings portraying daily life in the Holy Temple
- Museum Gift Shop, specializing in publications, films, and educational materials about the Holy Temple
The Temple Institute's Holy Temple Museum Welcomes You!
Visiting Hours and Tours
Open: Sun.-Thurs. 9:30AM – 4:00 PM.
In accordance with instructions of the Ministry of Health:
*It is required to wear a face mask on premises
Entrance fee includes a Sound and Light presentation in the language of your choice. This audio explanation, heard by the whole group together (not headsets), guides the group though the 3 exhibit halls with a film at the end. The length of the tour is about 50 minutes.
Guided audio tours in the following languages: English, Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian, Italian, German, Romanian, Chinese (Mandarin), Cantonese, Korean, and Amharic.
All visits require advance booking and prepaying for entrance fee.
- TO SUBMIT A RESERVATION REQUEST PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM. (Click on the word "FORM" to open the link.)
- If you would like to place a reservation for a visit within 48 hours - please call our office directly by calling: 972-(0)2-626-4545
- Note: The reservation department is operative Sunday-Thursday from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- To contact our office: Telephone: 972-(0)2-626-4545, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Fax: 972-153-2-627-4529
- Adult / Child: 35 ILS
- Children up to 5 years, no admission fee
- Disabled: 30 ILS
- Groups numbering 15 people or more: 25 ILS per individual.
- Please note: If your party numbers less than the full capacity of a group, other visitors may be joining the reserved audio tour.
- A private tour with a guide (instead of the audio tour) is an additional 200 ILS. Length of guided tour: approx. 1 hour.